Watermelon and toasted quinoa salad with salted yogurt, roasted nuts and seeds and fresh herbs
Jeremy Simeon, Executive Chef of Song Saa Private Island in Cambodia, shares his recipe for a simple, beautiful and balanced salad.
Watermelon and toasted quinoa salad with salted yogurt, roasted nuts and seeds and fresh herbs.
You might also love to read Chef Jeremy’s story!
➔ Chef portraif of Jeremy Simeon
- Fresh water melon 250g
- Lime juice 10ml
- Home-made salted yogurt 100ml
- Roasted almonds 20g
- Roasted pistachio nuts 20g
- Roasted cashew nuts 20g
- Roasted sesame seeds 10g
- Roasted sunflower seeds 10g
- Toasted quinoa 10g
- Thai basil
- Krasang teap
- Young Dandelion leaves
- Roast all nuts and seeds separately at 180 degrees until fully toasted; timing varies. Roughly chop and mix together.
- Toast quinoa in a small amount of olive oil gently for about 15 mins; you should hear it start to pop when it’s ready.
- Stir 2 pinches of salt into the yogurt and place in the fridge for 1 hour. Add lime juice; it should end up slightly salty and sour.
- Cut the skin off the watermelon and cut each piece about 5cms thick leaving you a 5cm thick circle. Cut circle into 8 pieces.
- Place the pieces in a circle on a plate leaving a gap in the middle.
- Pour salted yogurt on top followed by the nut mix followed by the herbs.