The Vintage Citrus Mango Lobster Salad by Manfred Brauer
The Vintage Citrus Mango Lobster Salad by Manfred Brauer – read here.
- 2 1½ lbs. Maine lobsters
- 1 citrus court-bouillon
- 1 mango
- 2 hearts of palm
- 1 avocado
- 8 orange segments
- 8 grapefruit segments
- 4 poached asparagus spears
- celery leaves, pea tendrils
- lobster salad, mayonnaise, diced celery, chopped dill, lemon juice
- citrus vinaigrette
- basil/tarragon oil
- Boil lobster in citrus court-bouillon for 5 minutes; cool down in ice water for 10 minutes.
- Peel lobster, separate knuckle meat for garnish, and use the tail for the salad.
- Finely dice lobster tail and celery; combine with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and chopped dill.
- Peel and slice mango and form into a 3-inch circular rim and fill with lobster salad.
- Garnish the plate with citrus segments, hearts of palm, and blanched green asparagus spears; top off with avocado fan, microgreens, celery leaves, and/or pea tendrils.
- Drizzle citrus vinaigrette and organic basil oil around the rim.
Do you want to see more from Manfred? Here you find his interview.