Sriracha Gambas Al Ajillo by Carrie Scully
Chef Carrie Scully heads the kitchen at Tiki Taka, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She shares a unique Asian take on a classic Spanish dish from her menu.
Sriracha Gambas Al Ajillo
Gambas Al Ajillo is a classic Spanish tapas, however at Tiki Taka, we have given this dish a twist by adding our favourite Thai chilli sauce, Sriracha, to give it an extra kick!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 15gram unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 5 pieces medium sized tiger prawns (peeled, deveined, tail on)
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fine chilli flakes
- 1 tsp Sriracha chilli
- 1 tsp chopped Italian parsley
- Lemon and French bread to serve
- Add olive oil, butter and garlic to a pan and saute till fragrant, around 1 minute.
- Add in white pepper, salt, chilli flakes, Sriracha chilli.
- Add in the prawns, saute for 2 to 3 minutes till cooked through.
- Turn off heat and add in chopped Italian parsley.
- Serve with slices of toasted crusty bread and a wedge of lemon.
Want to see more of her? Check out her interview.