Cumin Yoghurt by by The Spice Queen Parveen Ashraf
This salty yoghurt sauce calms down the palate, when eating spicy food. I usually have it with a starter topped with tamarind sauce. I know that generally in the western culture, yoghurt is usually sweet but in Indian cuisine, it’s very commonplace to have youghurt with a meal. I usually make a pot of cumin yoghurt and store it in the fridge.
My youngest son love it so much that, if there is none in the fridge, he will refuse to have a meal without it and just opt for bowl of cereal instead, a poor substitute I know, well Cyrus is an all or nothing kind of guy.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Serves approx 4 to 6 people
- 6 tbsp plain or Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp of milk
- ¼ tsp of salt
- Half a medium onion – diced (optional)
- ½ tsp coarsely ground cumin
- Using a small bowl, add the yoghurt, cumin, salt and milk.
- Mix till smooth, (the consistency should be like double cream)
- Add the diced onions, store in a airtight container and eat as required.