Chef’s special homemade fresh sea urchin pudding with consommé jelly
Recipe from Nobuo Tsuji, chief cook at Nadaman Japanese Restaurant at the Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong
- Fresh sea urchin, 85g
- Fresh milk, 115ml
- Cream, 50ml
- Egg, 3 pcs
- Japanese soy sauce, 2 tsps
- Mirin wine, 1 tsp
- Beef consommé, 100ml
- Gelatin, little
- Mix the fresh sea urchin, fresh milk, cream and egg, Japanese soy sauce and Mirin wine together in a cup. Reserve 3 slices of sea urchin as garnishing.
- Steam at 90 degrees Celsius for 18 minutes. Let it cool down and chill it in the refrigerator.
- Melt the gelatin into the beef consommé and chill it in the refrigerator.
- Remove the pudding from the cup, surround the pudding with beef consommé jelly and place the 3 slices of sea urchin on top of the pudding.
Enjoy this wonderful delicacy!