Cantonese classic by Ho Chun-hung
Chef Ho, Chinese Chef de Cuisine at the Hyatt Regency Hong Kong, Sha Tin, shares his recipe for a Cantonese classic with us.
Steamed pork ribs, glutinous rice
- Pork loin ribs 450g
- Glutinous rice 65g
- Diced ginger 12g
- Salt 8g
- Corn starch 15g
- Sugar 10g
- Wolfberries 6g
- Soy sauce 5g
- Dark soy sauce 5g
- Spring onion 10g
- Fresh lotus leaf
1) Soak the glutinous rice in water for 45 minutes.
2) Chop the pork loin ribs into pieces (around 2 inches each).
3) Marinate the pork loin ribs with diced ginger, salt, corn starch and sugar.
4) Roll the pork loin ribs in the glutinous rice until it is completely covered.
5) Place a big piece of fresh lotus leaf into a bamboo steamer or plate. Place the pork loin ribs onto the lotus leaf and add one wolfberry onto each.
6) Steam for 15-18 minutes.
7) Add the soy sauce and dark soy sauce and place some spring onion on the pork loin. Serve immediately.
You want to read more from Chef de Cuisine Ho? See here his interview.