Bostonian Seafood & Grill by Cesare Romani
Cesare Romani, Culinary Director at the luxury The Langham, Hong Kong, shares a recipe from Bostonian Seafood & Grill, one of the hotel’s restaurants that he oversees.
Boston lobster baked on beach stones and seaweed
- Whole Boston lobster 1 piece, 500-600g
- Olive oil 15g
- Maldon sea salt 3g
- Fresh seaweed 100g
- Caramelised lemon halves 2 pieces
- Lemon butter sauce 1 portion
- Seaweed butter 30g
- Cut the whole lobster in half, clean and pat dry with kitchen paper towel;
- Detach and crack the claws.
- Marinate lobster body and claws with olive oil, lemon juice (little) and salt. Place on metal tray and garnish with little dices of seaweed butter.
- Heat the beach stones on the live grill or oven till very hot.
- Cook the lobster in convention oven for 7-8 minutes till just done.
- Just before serving, place the hot stones in the metal casserole for service;
- add the wet seaweed.
- Place the two halves lobster and claws over the seaweed and stone.
- Serve with two halved caramelised lemon, drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve lemon butter sauce on the side.
You want to see more from him? Read his new interview here.