Beetroot carpaccio by Rusvel Trujillo
Vegan chef Rusvel Trujillo presents this delicious recipe.
- 1 pz. Beetroot (boiled)
- 1 pz. Radish
- Fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp Cayenne powder
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Black Truffle Mustard
- Edible flowers to decorate
- Sesame seed oil
- Salt | Pepper
- Cut the beetroot into a big cube. Then slice it down to make it look like a carpaccio, approximately .2cm thick.
- In a bowl, prepare the marination with the sesame seed oil, oregano leaves, vinegar, cayenne powder, salt and pepper.
- Bring the beetroot to the marination, cover it and let it marinate in the fridge for 12 to 24 hrs for better results.
- Slice the radish and place it in a iced water bath (same size as the beet if possible).
- After 12 or 24 hrs, remove the beet from the marination, plate it on your favorite plate using a teaspoon of Black Truffle Mustard, edible flowers and the radish.
- I’ve used balsamic vinegar pearls for decoration as well but if you don’t have, no big deal.