Baked sweet potato with chickpeas, baby spinach, Spanish paprika and yoghurt
Daniel Bucher, Senior Executive Sous Chef at the Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park hotel in Thailand, shares his recipe for baked sweet potato with chickpeas, baby spinach, Spanish paprika and yoghurt.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 40g salted butter
- 1 sliced shallot
- 150g fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup natural yoghurt
- 40g cream cheese
- 80g boiled chick peas
- Grated salt
- Grated black pepper
- Pimenton de la Vera – Spanish paprika
- Spanish Picual olive oil
- Boil the sweet potatoes and chickpeas until very soft. Drain the chickpeas and set aside. Scrape out the centre of the sweet potatoes leaving the outer skin intact. Season the skin with salt, pepper and pimenton, drizzle with olive oil and bake until crispy.
- Mash the centre of the potatoes with some chickpeas, the salted butter and the cream cheese and season with salt, pepper and pimenton.
- Keep a few spinach leaves aside to add on top, sautee the rest with garlic and salt in a hot pan.
- Fill the crispy potato skin with sauteed spinach, then mash, top with chickpeas, fresh spinach and olive oil and sprinkle with yoghurt and pimenton.
You might also like to read the culinary journey of Chef Daniel. Take a look here, it’s fascinating!